Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo – Dry Hair by John Frieda for Unisex – 8.45 oz Shampoo MADE IN USA
Another remarkable shampoo that cleans your hair by removing any builds up from scalp to grow fine dry hair. Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo cleans scalp and makes hair more bouncy from root to tip. As a person who suffers from dry hair and oily scalp, I understand how the struggle is real. There are lots of products for hair care in the market like shampoos, conditioners, masks and creams etc. But choosing the best and the right one for your hair can be challenging. Here is a review about one of the top anti-oily hair shampoos out there. JOHN FRIEDA ROOT AWAKENING PURIFY AND NOURISH SHAMPOO. The reviews on this product are very promising which makes me think it might be worth a try. But first, lets get to the root of the problem.
Oily Scalp and Dry Hair
What we have right here is a scalp condition called combination hair. Combination hair usually begins with an oily scalp and transitions into dry, split, sometimes frizzy ends. When you have a scalp that produces too much oil and leads to limp hair, often the oil doesn’t travel down to the ends of your hair. People with these scalp conditions need to shampoo their hair frequently. However, dry hair make frequent shampooing a dubious choice. This type of hair requires a hair care routine with products which clean the scalp and keep the hair ends supple in a single step.
How To Deal With Combination Hair
Using a harsh shampoo and shampooing too frequently can cause excessive oil (sebum) production, leading to a greasy scalp. Hair roots come with sebaceous glands, which secrete a fatty substance called sebum. This Sebum keeps the hair healthy and smooth and prevents it from excessive drying and breaking. However, there are causes that make this sebum produce more oil than our hair ans scalp need. Thats what results in a greasy scalp and hair in more people.
Steps and Ideas for Dry Hair and Oily scalp
Here are some simple steps to follow while dealing with combination hair:
- While shampooing, apply shampoo to your scalp only and work it in and massaging the scalp gently. Avoid rubbing your ends too much as it can lead to excessive dryness.
- Conditioning Well: Using conditioner too close to your roots or using too much conditioner can also cause even more oily scalp problems. use condition only on your end.
- Tone Down The Steam: Showering with hot water is super relaxing, but it can be really harsh on our strands. It strips hair and scalp of all the naturally produced oils. This causes frizzy and dry hair. Lukewarm water is the best choice when it comes to being gentle on your locks.
- Hair styling routine: Hair irons, blow drying and curling irons are only causing hair and scalp to go into overdrive. Give these styling treatments a rest a few times a week to give your locks a breather.
- Brushing: Avoid too much brushing as it irritated the scalp and makes it produce even more oil. Brush twice a day and avoid scratching the scalp.
- Invest in a good natural shampoo as it is gentle and won’t mess with your scalp’s natural pH balance. Look for a good clarifying shampoo like our today’s one Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo.
These steps might seem very simple but adding them to your daily routine may reduce oil in your scalp and keep your dry hair from extra damage. However, choosing the right product might still be the key to your condition. This leads us to our shampoo of the day, Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo. Lets take a look on this one and see if it’s worth its money.
Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo by John Frieda
A squeaky clean scalp makes your hair more bouncy from root to tip. This is a very affordable shampoo in one of the best shampoos for dry hair. It refreshes and feeds from roots to ends while restoring deep moisture for silky, soft hair that’s noticeably more resilient with every use.
Natural Eucalyptus and peppermint oil are the main natural ingredients in this product. This is a great formula that stimulates the scalp with a cool, tingling sensation.
- Eucalyptus: Enhances hair’s shine and moisture leaving it lighter and fuller for more manageable style.
- Peppermint oil: Cleans and nourishes the scalp while being gentle on the hair. Refreshes, feeds the roots and restores deep moisture for the hair.
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate. Dimethicone, Cocamidopropyl
Betaine, Benzyl Alcohol, Betaine (Sugar Beet), Cetearyl Alcohol. Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (Peppermint), Cocamide MEA. Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Extract, Glyceryl Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Menthol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride. Butylene Glycol, Menthyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Glycine. Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Laureth 3, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate
Use and Tips
For best results follow these steps:
- Wash your hair 3 times a week.
- work the shampoo into wet hair.
- Give your scalpa gentle massage but avoid too much rubbing the rest of the hair.
- Leave shampoo on for 2 minutes.
- Rinse well with Lukewarm water.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Would better if you use conditioner but only on the ends of your hair and avoid the scalp.
- Avoid blow drying your hair with high temperature.
For external use only. Avoid eye contact. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
Thoughts And Reviews
To give you an idea on what reviewers think about this shampoo, I made some screen shots. Although they may be small and hard to read. But this is what I could do, so please bear with me:
Hope my review was a good help to you, please stay tuned for more reviews and articles.