PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Loss Premium Organic Argan
Oil Shampoo (Gold Label) 16 Fluid Ounce
from PURA D’OR
Before I review Pura D’Or Anti-Hair Loss Premium Organic Argan Oil Shampoo (Gold Label). Let me talk about why we need such a product.
Hair loss, also known as alopecia or baldness, refers to a loss of hair from part of the head or body. Just hearing this definition gives us the creeps. It is very scary and heart squeezing to see your hair falling everywhere you go. I mean, I love to see my hair on my scalp, but just not on my pillow and sink. This scene triggers some devastating negative emotions that can worsen the situation. According to experts, it’s not normal to lose hair, specially at young age. There must be a factor or more behind this condition.
What Triggers Hair Loss?
Hair is made up of a protein called keratin that is produced in hair follicles in the outer layer of skin. As follicles produce new hair cells, old cells are being pushed out through the surface of the skin at the rate of about six inches a year. The average adult head has about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs and loses up to 100 of them a day. Finding a few stray hairs on your hairbrush is not necessarily cause for alarm. Each follicle has its own life cycle. And there are many factors that can have an influence on this life cycle including; age, disease and a wide variety of other factors. Here are the three phases of the hair life cycle:
- Anagen — Active hair growth that lasts between two to six years.
- Catagen — Transitional hair growth that lasts two to three weeks.
- Telogen — Resting phase that lasts about two to three months. At the end of the resting phase the hair is shed and a new hair replaces it and the growing cycle starts again.
Hair Loss Types and Factors
Alopecia is the general medical term for hair loss. The severity of hair loss can vary from a small area to the entire body. Here are the most common types of hair loss:
Male- and female-pattern baldness
This is the most common type of hair loss, affecting around half of all men by the age of 50. It generally follows a pattern of a receding hairline, followed by thinning of the hair on the crown and temples, leaving a horseshoe shape around the back and sides of the head. This type of hair loss is hereditary. Which means it runs in family. This condition can sometimes affect women (female-pattern baldness). During female-pattern baldness, hair usually only thins on top of the head. It’s not clear if female-pattern baldness is hereditary and the causes are less well understood. However, it tends to be more noticeable in women who have been through the menopause
Often starts suddenly and causes patchy hair loss in children and young adults. This condition may result in complete baldness (alopecia totalis). But in about 90% of people with the condition, the hair returns within a few years.
Result in permanent loss of hair. Inflammatory skin conditions (cellulitis, folliculitis, acne), and other skin disorders (such as some forms of lupus and lichen planus) often result in scars that destroy the ability of the hair to regenerate. Hot combs and hair too tightly woven and pulled can also result in permanent hair loss.
Anagen effluvium is widespread hair loss that can affect your scalp, face and body. One of the most common causes of this type of hair loss is the cancer treatment chemotherapy. In some cases, other cancer treatments including immunotherapy and radiotherapy may also cause hair loss. The hair loss is usually noticeable within a few weeks of starting treatment. However, not all chemotherapy drugs makes patient lose hair and sometimes the lose of hair is so small it’s hardly noticeable.
This is a temporary hair thinning over the scalp that occurs because of changes in the growth cycle of hair. A large number of hairs enter the resting phase at the same time, causing hair shedding and subsequent thinning.
What we saw above are the most common factors that lead a person to shed hair. However there are natural products and compounds that can help reduce shedding and regrow new healthy hair. One just needs to see in the right direction.
Each year people spend billions of dollars on gimmicks and radical treatments to help stop hair loss, or regrow new hair. The market is filled with anti hair loss product. However, most of them are bogus and a complete wast of money. You might have heard about Pura d’or Organic Anti Hair Loss Shampoos, there are many kinds of this product with different lebel color. Today, I’m going to review Pura d’or Organic Anti Hair Loss Shampoo with Golden Label.
This shampoo is all organic and contains only natural ingredients and preservatives, meaning it is healthy for your hair and scalp, and it has also been shown to slow hair loss and strengthen existing hair.
Pura D’Or Ingredients
There is panoply of compounds in the formulation of this Anti-Hair loss shampoo. But lets talk about the key ingredients:
- Argan oil: Experts call it the liquid gold. This is a true revolutionary ingredient that can be used to improve the quality of hair, nails and skin. Many cosmetic companies use it as one of the key ingredients in their products. It moisturizes the hair follicles and enhances hair growth. It stimulates the scalp to secrete more oil and loosen the dry skin cells around the follicles.
- Biotin: Biotin is one of the most important vitamins you can take to promote hair growth. It
supports the health of the scalp by producing fatty acids which in turn helps the health of the hair. A deficiency in essential fatty acids produces symptoms such as dry, scaly or flaky skin, dandruff, brittle hair or eczema. When you take biotin, you are also helping to support your hair’s keratin, making your hair stronger. Biotin based products are effective to help stimulate hair follicles to produce healthy strong hair.
- DHT Blocker Mix: This is an ingredient that blocks the formation of DHT. The compound DHT or Dihydrotestosterone is a sex steroid found in the human body that is involved in the restriction of blood supply to the follicles. Bald people tend to secrete a lot of that steroid and this explains why they are losing that much hair. But the good news is Pura d’or Premium Organic Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo contains a mixture of 15 different DHT blocking ingredients. This should be enough to protect the follicles.
Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sufonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine. Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium 71, Cocamide MIPA, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate. Polyquaternium 80, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate. Melaleuca Alternifolia, Nigella Sativa Oil. Phyllanthus emblica, Urtica dioica extract, Serenoa Serrulata extract. Cedrus atlantica oil, Rosmarinus officinalis, Salvia Sclarea oil, Polygonum Multiflorum Root. Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Grandis Seed Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-sinensis Extrac., Nicotinic acid, Cucurbita Pepo, Prunus Africana Bark, Zinc Pyrithione, Tocopherol. Soy Isoflavone, Beta Sitosterol, Camellia sinensis, Lactobacillus Ferment. Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Willow Bark Extract and Citric Acid.
Don’t worry if you have trouble reading or understanding some of the ingredients. The important thing to know is that all of the ingredients are natural and organic.
Pros and Cons
- The shampoo is free of any harmful chemical.
- It smells great.
- Users don’t have to wait too long to start seeing results.
- This shampoo is relatively cheaper considering its benefits.
- Results vary depending on a number of factors.
- Certain users complained about the fact that it leaves their hair dry.
- There are rumors that an excess amount of biotin can cause acne, but no proves yet.
Best way to use the shampoo
Rub small amount of the product in your palms and then begin gently rubbing it into your scalp. Leave the shampoo on your head for about 2 minutes to do its work. And then rinse your hair with Lukewarm water. Repeat this process from the beginning until you feel that your scalp is refreshed and your hair is cleaned. This shampoo is free of harmful chemicals. However, washing your hair everyday can lead to a dry scalp and hair, so 3 times a week is more than enough.
Reviews and thoughts on the product