Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 4 oz review
Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is a pharmaceutical shampoo containing ketoconazole, which is an anti-fungal active ingredient. It can help in controlling flakes, scales, and itching. This product was once a prescription only shampoo but now it is already one of those over-the-counter dandruff products. This shampoo should be used for treatment and prevention of dandruff and certain fungal infections of the skin.
Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Ingredients
Nizoral Anti-Dandruffis used to treat and prevent seborrhoeic dermatitis known as dandruff. The active ingredient used in the making is no other than ketoconazole (1%). This ingredient is approved for use as an anti-fungal agent in the treatment of infections that occur due to fungi and yeasts.
According to its users, this anti-dandruff product has the ability to clear up dandruff with just a number of applications. Manufacturers recommend that you only need one or two applications per week. After your dandruff has been treated, you can only use it as needed.
Use and dosage of Nizoral
Many people may be asking how to use this shampoo, as the instructions on amazon can be unclear, most of the time.
Here is how to use it:
- Apply the shampoo directly on the scalp.
- Leave for 3 to 5 minutes to give time for the active ingredients to work.
- Rinse with clean and warm water, be sure that no shampoo is left on the scalp.
- Safe for color treated hair.
Continue the treatment for several days after the cessation of all characters to prevent recurrent of disease. If you feel anything unusual with your skin or eyes better contact your doctor.
- Pityriasis versicolor: Use Nizoral once a day for 5 days.
- Seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff: Use the shampoo twice a week for 2 to 4 weeks.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Nizoral healing shampoo can cause side effects, although, it’s rare, but happens.
Occasional side effects
- Infection of the hair follicle
- increased lacrimation,
- hair loss, dry skin, abnormal hair texture, rashes, skin burning sensation.
Rare side effects
- change in taste,
- eye irritation, acne, inflammatory skin reaction (contact dermatitis), skin peeling.
More Advantages Of The Product
- Cleans thoroughly.
- Improves hair health.
- Gentle enough for all hair types in men, women & children over 12 years.
- smell great.
- Lathers well.
When Not To Use This Product
- Pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant.
- Taking other prescription medication or herbal supplement that may not be compatible with this product.
- Blood disease.
- Liver problems.
- Abused alcohol in the past.
In one of these cases, it’d be safe to check with your doctor. However, if you do not fall into any of the above categories, then you can safely use Nizoral without concerns.
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- This shampoo can be drying. However, using a good conditioner can solve this problem.
- Can be used by men, women and children over 12 years.
- Suitable for all hair types.
Other similar products:
There is an other Anti-Dandruff shampoo that works effectively like the shampoo we review in this article, it’s Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, 7 Oz. Click Here for more informations & reviews about Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 7 Oz.