Matrix – Biolage Scalpsync Cooling Mint Shampoo for Oily Hair & Scalp -33.8oz from Biolage for Men & Women
MADE IN USA
Oily scalp and greasy hair are an issue for a lot of people. Many companies launch countless number of oily hair target shampoos that prevent scalp from producing excessive oil. But only few of them actually work. Moreover excessive chemical in some products may worsen the condition. Today we’re reviewing one of the natural anti-oily hair shampoos that many people with oily scalp turn to. Matrix – Biolage Scalpsync Cooling Mint Shampoo For Oily Hair & Scalp. So lets find out what benefits will we gain by using this product. But first, lets get to know more about oily scalp and greasy hair.
Excessive Oil Factors and Results
Oily scalp results in greasy dandruff production which sticks to the scalp and causes severe kinds of itchiness. Not to mention how frustrating it is to have a limp lifeless hair only few hours after washing it. So what really causes this extra built up of oil on the scalp?
Many may not know this, but the main reason of excessive oil in the scalp and hair is caused by nothing but our own oil glands that can be found everywhere on our bodies except our palms, the lower lip and soles of the feet. These small glands in the skin secrete a lubricating oily waxy matter called sebum into the hair follicles to lubricate and waterproof the skin and hair. They work as a defence mechanism that protects the hair from external damaging that can be caused by the surrounding environment. Also help the body in getting rid of dead skin. However, when the gland is overproducing sebum it could due to many factors like; Heredity, oily rich food, over styling, ignoring Hair Care…etc.
Sebum is primarily composed of triglycerides, wax esters , squalene , and free fatty acids. It’s a light yellow, oily substance secreted by the sebaceous glands that keep the skin and hair moisturized. Most sebaceous glands are connected to a hair follicle, although some open up directly to the surface of the skin, like the glands on the eyelids, the preputial glands and Fordyce spots on the genitals and upper lip.
When the follicle fills up, sebum spreads over the surface of the skin, making it moisturized and healthy. When this process doesn’t work correctly, it results in oily skin and hair, medically known as seborrhea. An excess of sebum, dead skin cells, and dirt inside the pores can lead to excessive producing of oil on the scalp that makes its way down to the hair leaving it limp and greasy looking. However, when glands produce not enough sebum the skin becomes dry which affects negatively on the hair health.
Bottom line, sebum is a necessary substance that:
- Keeps the hair and skin healthy and moisturized.
- Maintains the skin’s flexibility.
- Prevents the skin from losing water.
- Acts as a barrier, protecting the skin from bacterial and fungal infections.
Too much or not enough sebum is bad for our skin and hair health.
Factors That Affect Sebum Production
The production of sebum is controlled by hormones; specifically, androgen like testosterone. The sebaceous glands enlarge and the hormones become more active during puberty, thus producing more sebum. Which explains the acne condition. In adolescence males produce up to 5 times more sebum than females. Sebum production starts to decrease by the age of 20 and continues to slow with age.
The amount of this substance the body produces can also be affected by certain diseases like Parkinson’s disease, disorders related to the pituitary and adrenal glands, the ovaries and the testicles can increase or decrease sebum production. Some medications like oral contraceptives, antiandrogens and vitamin A derivatives like isotretinoin definitely reduce sebum productions. Others, like testosterone and progesterones, increase the production.
Tips and Ideas
Here are some simple tips to reduce excessive oil in your scalp and hair:
- Use oily hair target Shampoos which are specifically designed for oily hair.
- Add some natural remedies to your hair care routine: like Aloe Vera gel, Egg yolk, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mint leaf, henna, witch hazel oil. These natural remedies help rid your scalp and hair of excessive oil. (Later on this article you’ll find how to use these remedies).
- Avoid excessive use of hair products: like sprays and gels.
- Avoid applying hair conditioners: Those make your hair even more oily.
- Excessive brushing: Try not to brush your hair more than twice a day, and when brushing avoid scratching the scalp.
- Try not to use hair styling products: Those make your scalp produce more oil.
How to use natural remedies on you oily hair
Aloe Vera gel:
Aleo Vera is a great oily hair target remedy that has many benefits on our locks including reducing the amount of excessive oil .
- Mix Aloe Vera gel with your organic oily hair target shampoo and apply on hair.
- Take 8 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel and add 1 tbsp of honey.
- Mix it properly.
- Apply this mixture on hair roots.
- Leave it to settle down for 15 minute.
- Wash it off completely.
- Wash your hair with organic shampoo afterward.
- Take a soft towel and gently dry your hair.
- Take 2 egg yolks.
- Beat them in a bow.
- Apply on hair and massage scalp.
- Beat 2 egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add few drops of lemon juice in it.
- Wet your hair.
- Apply the mixture on hair and gently massage scalp.
- Leave the mixture to settle down for 5 minutes
- Wash your hair thoroughly so no residue left behind
- Follow this egg yolk remedy 2 to 3 times in a week.
Lemon juice helps get rid of excessive oil in the hair and scalp.
- Take 2 cups of water and mix ¼ cup of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on scalp and hair. Avoid touching your eyes.
- Thoroughly massage it for 2 minutes.
- Wash it with Lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a week for best results.
Apple cider vinegar:
This remedy contains acetic acid which helps the scalp to balance pH level.
- Take 3tbsp of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a cup of water.
- Wash your hair with organic shampoo.
- Rinse the shampoo thoroughly so no residue left behind in hair.
- Apply the mixture on hair gently.
- Leave it to settle down for 3 minutes.
- Rinse the mixture from hair.
- Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times a week.
Mint leaf is the best home remedy in removing greasy look off of hair. It also helps prevent excessive oil production on scalp which gives our locks a new life and fresh looking.
- Take 2 glasses of water and put a handful of mint leafs in it.
- Let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the mixture to your organic shampoo.
- Apply on hair and rinse it thoroughly with water.
Henna is normally used for hair conditioning purposes but it has some drying effectiveness after using it.This property makes it useful for oily scalp.
- Take half cup of yogurt and mix it with a henna pack.
- Mix it thoroughly to make paste.
- Apply it on hair.
- Leave the paste for 30 minutes to dry on hair.
- Wash thoroughly so that no residue is left behind.
- Apply any organic shampoo.
- Rinse it completely.
- Take a soft towel to dry your hair.
Witch hazel oil:
This oil works as a miracle for oily hair, it’s really effective just like any oily hair target shampoo for oily hair.
- Make a mixture of 2 tbsp of water and 4 tbsp of witch hazel oil.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the scalp.
- Leave on for 15 to 30 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- For better result repeat this remedy 3 to 4 times a week.
Choosing The Right Oily Hair Target Shampoo
These were some home made recipes to help you reduce the production of oil in the scalp and hair. However, these ideas only help if you’re using an natural organic oily hair target shampoo. I know that choosing the right product is a bit tricky, but if it’s made of natural ingredients than you have nothing to fear. One of these natural shampoos is Matrix – Biolage Scalpsync Cooling Mint Shampoo For Oily Hair & Scalp. This shampoo targets oily scalp and greasy hair and rids them of the extra built up oils for a healthy breathing strands.
This is a balancing shampoo for oily scalp that not only helps cleanse excess oils from the scalp & hair but also gives our strands a fresh and healthy looking from roots to the ends. And awakens with a cool, refreshing sensation.
Benefits Of The Product
Matrix Biolage ScalpSync Cooling Mint Shampoo provides a strong, refreshing experience that leaves the hair feeling soft and uplifted. Influenced by the mint leaf, for its anti-bacterial and calming properties, this oily hair target shampoo cleanses the hair and scalp, providing a cool and energizing sensation. It makes use of its active ingredients, to promote healthy, luscious hair that is soft to the touch and completely manageable.
Use and Directions
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of shampoo to wet hair.
- Massage your scalp gently with your finger tips.
- Leave shampoo for 2 minutes.
- Rinse with warm and clean water
- Repeat if necessary.