16oz Maple Holistics Degrease Shampoo for Oily Hair with Rosemary and Basil – 100% Natural Treatment for Oily Hair and Itchy Scalp – Men and Women-Combats Excess Perspiration and Stimulates Cell Renewal
Oily hair feels gross, looks gross and is a real pain. It can lead to acne on your hairline and tank your self-esteem. It’s true that the natural oil in our hair protects the hair shafts from breaking and keeps the scalp
healthy. However, too much of anything is unhealthy. Fortunately, using the best shampoos for greasy hair will go a long way to banishing greasy locks. Today I’m gonna review Maple Holistics Degrease Shampoo for Oily Hair. This shampoo is believed to be one of the best anti oil hair out there. So lets take a look on what it does and what it’s made of.
We’ve reviewed a lot of the best shampoos not just for greasy hair. Maple Holistics Degrease is one of the top three anti oily hair shampoos out there. But first, lets talk a bit about what causes oily hair.
Understanding Oily Hair
Before attempting to get rid of grease in the hair, it is important to fully understand why it is there in the first place. There are several causes, including natural production from our skin, and methods we may take to unnecessarily add to the oil. Becoming aware of the causes can help us understand how to properly cut down on the grease.
The scalp contains sebaceous glands which are better known as oil glands. Theses are most abundant on our face and scalp. They naturally produce sebum, which is the oily substance you experience in your hair. Sebum is made up of fats and dead cells. Unfortunately, some sebaceous glands can also release excess oil which leads to the hair appearing greasy. To control this problem, it is important to wash your hair very frequently. However, finding the appropriate shampoo is the key to achieve the best results.
The purpose of sebum is to waterproof our skin, and to keep the right amount of water inside. It creates an acidic environment to make sure our hair and scalp are not irritated and dehydrated. It also prevents bacteria from entering. However, sometimes our scalp produces too much sebum. This is what people with consistently oily hair experience.
Oily Hair Causes
- Natural Causes: Hormones actually increase oil production. High hormone levels can cause extreme excess oil which can be devastating. Excess oily hair can be the result of age, hormones, and genetics. During adolescence, sebum production increases. Also, people can produce excess sebum because of certain types of hormones (androgens).
- Hair Types: Certain hair types can be more prone to becoming oily than others. For instance, fine hair often appears more greasy than others. If you are not using the appropriate products, fine hair can easily become more greasy than thicker hair types, especially when using heavy creams or conditioners. In other hand, curly hair is often dry at the bottom but oily at the roots.
- Certain Diseases: According to experts, some diseases increase the amount of sebum like Parkinson’s disease.
- Hair Care Routine: Your personal hair care routine can play a huge role in creating greasy hair. Using an abundance of product in your hair such as conditioner, hairspray, and mousse over a long period of time without cleaning it properly can build up and cause extra oil. Also, Excess scrubbing while shampooing can irritate the scalp. An irritated scalp causes more oil production. To add to that, it is important to avoid frequent brushing and touching the hair as much as possible.
Ways to Get Rid of the Grease
Though we can’t change aspects such as our genetics, we can take measures to decrease the excess oil in a healthy way.
- Use Less Conditioner: Using conditioner on your curls will only make it worse. However, if you often get dry hair ends, you can use it on that part only.
- Wash Your Hair Less: Washing your hair every day can cause your scalp to become overly dry, causing it to produce even more oil. Wash it every 2 or 3 days.
- Use Dry Shampoo: Dry shampoo can be used in between washes when your hair starts to become overly greasy.
- Natural Ingredients: Use lemon juice from two lemons mixed with 2 cups of water. Use this as a rinse for your hair. Not only does this remedy reduce oil, but it also removes the build up of hair product.
- Don’t Touch Or Over-Brush Your Hair: Try to refrain from touching your hair as your hands can transfer extra oil and dirt to your hair. Over brushing your hair can cause oil from your roots to distribute throughout your hair. When you brush, try to avoid the roots as much as you can.
- Use the Right Shampoo: Try to find a shampoo that doesn’t have conditioner or extra moisturizing ingredients in it. This leads us to our subject of the article. Now that you have a quick idea about what really happens to your hair, lets talk about our shampoo, shall we?
Maple Holistics Degrease Shampoo for Oily Hair
While oil protects the hair shafts from breaking and keeps your scalp healthy, too much of it poses a problem. Greasy hair dampens a good day and it’s important to find the right remedy for it. Maple Holistics Degrease is believed to be the perfect trusted solution for those with oily hair/itchy scalp.
The signature Degrease formula can help balance moisture control by offering natural properties to help cleanse the oiliness off the hair. It also provides the necessary nourishment to help prevent instant sebum build-up.
- Rosemary: The Rosemary used in this formula contains a high level of verbenone, which can help stimulate cell renewal.
- Lemon: Lemon is full of many nutrients, such as citric acid, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, pectin, and flavonoïdes. It gently cleans greasy/oily hair, removing the excess oil without stripping away too much of the natural oil that the hair needs to keep the ends strong and healthy.
- Jojoba and Peach Kernel: These ingredients help maintain hair volume, an essential component to preserving hair color. Jojoba, in particular, is a natural oil balancer and is highly effective in treating hair problems like grease, dandruff, and hair loss. The nutrients in peach kernel, on the other hand, condition the hair and aid.
- Basil: This ingredient works to restore and strengthen brittle and thinning hair by stimulating the hair follicles. Basil leaves rejuvenate hair.
- Botanical Keratin: Hair nutrient deficiencies can sometimes stem from lack of keratin, which this natural ingredient generously replenishes.
- Cypress: Cypress has astringent properties and contains natural compounds δ-3-carene and α-pinene to help restore and regulate excess sebum secretion. With Cypress, the hair looks less glossy.
How to Get the Best Results
No matter what anti-grease shampoo you use, you will not get the absolute best results unless it is used properly. When it comes to getting rid of oily hair, there are a few steps that are extremely important to follow:
- Wash Frequently But Not Daily.
- Gently massage your scalp with the shampoo.
- Leave The shampoo on for 3 minutes.
- Rinse With Warm and Cold Water.
- Avoid Conditioners.
Hope this review was a bit of a help to make you guys understand oily hair and how to treat it in a natural safe way. Please stay tuned for more reviews and articles about hair health in men, women and toddlers.