Desert Essence Organics Hair Care Shampoo review
Desert Essence Organics Hair Care Shampoo, for Oily Hair, Lemon Tea Tree, 8 Ounce
None of us wants to see their hair looking all limp and down. It’s a very disturbing issue that even styling can’t manage. Oily hair should be washed often, daily if necessary. Though, shampooing hair on a daily basis will dry out the ends of our locks. Unless there is a natural organic shampoo that will rid the hair from that extra oil without harming it. Today, I’ll be talking about Desert Essence Organic Hair Care Shampoo for oily hair from Desert Essence. This brand is know for makin
g many shampoos, conditioners, body creams and other products. I use their hand cream and its really satisfying. But, i’ ve never used any of their hair products. However, i heard a lot of people praising this oily hair shampoo. So, lets take a look on how can this product solve our oily hair issue.
Oily Hair Issue
So, what do you think makes some people get that annoying extra oil in their hair? Here is what really happens on our scalp.
Hair roots come with sebaceous glands, which secrete an oily substance called sebum. In fact, this sebum benefits the hair. Sebum keeps the hair healthy and smooth and protects it from excessive drying and breaking. However, some times those glands produce excess sebum, which travels down the hair shaft and makes it greasy.
Causes of excess sebum (the natural oil produced by the scalp) can include genes, hormonal imbalances, humidity, diet, or something as specific as a disease called seborrheic dermatitis, which also causes scaly patches and will need to be managed with the help of a dermatologist. A dermatologist will help in serious cases of oily hair by prescribing medications that contain All-Trans-Retinoic Acid (ATRA). These are a vitamin A related substances, which regulate the sebaceous gland secretions. However, in most cases special hair care natural based products will make an end of overly oily hair. These products will work on restoring the balance of the production of oily substances from the sebaceous glands. And one of these products is the subject of our review today.
Desert Essence Organic Hair Care Shampoo
A shampoo that gets rid of oil in the hair is fantastic, but one that is also organic is even better. This product is perfect for anyone who wants to refresh and revive their lifeless hair in a natural way.
What Are The Ingredients?
Desert Essence Organics is an organic hair care brand that is known for producing organic all natural products. This band’s goal is to take the best from nature and turn it into our daily products and it worked so far. Desert essence shampoo contains an interesting group of active ingredients:
- Australian tea tree oil: Or melaleuca oil, is an essential oil with a fresh camphoraceous odor and a color that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colorless and clear. It’s an extract from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia, which is native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia.
- Lemon tea tree and lemon peel extract: To loosen and dissolve excess oil in the scalp and the hair and give it a healthy shiny look. Rids hair of product buildup without stripping hair of its natural moisture. In addition, lemon tea tree provides this anti-oil shampoo with a wonderful lemon scent that completely masks any unwanted odors. It smells great and is never overpowering.
- Organic Maca Root Extracts: Its an adaptogen and a member of the cruciferous family, like broccoli and cabbage, but due to it’s unique properties it’s considered one of the world’s natural “super foods. Maca root’s has the ability to help restore sexual, endocrine (hormonal), and mental health. It strengthens and fortifies hair, protects it from damage and prevents shedding.
- Jojoba Seed Oil: An extract from the seeds of jojoba trees. It’s a Wax Ester rather than an oil. Wax Esters are so much similar to human skin oil. By applying jojoba to our scalp, we can make it think as if it is producing enough oils by itself, thereby balancing the production of oil.
Aqueous Infusion of Certified Organic Extract of Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Polyquaternium-7, Panthenol, Certified Organic Simmondsia Chinensis. Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Gluconate. Certified Organic by QAI, Certified Organic by QCS.
Product safe for daily use for men and women
This product is gentle enough for daily use as it 100% vegan/wheat & gluten free.
No parabens, sodium lauryl/ laureth sulfates, phthalates, artificial fragrances or colors, silicones, EDTA, glycol or petroleum based ingredients, phosphates, and animal testing.
- After wetting hair, massage a small amount in to create a lather.
- Leave on for 3 minutes
- Rinse well with warm not hot water.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Avoid eye area.
Color variations in product may occur due to natural ingredients.
As you can see, this shampoo seems to be 100% natural which makes it safe for daily uses for all hair types in men and women. Due to it’s organic formula Desert Essence eliminates the extra oil in the scalp and maintains a clean and healthy looking strands. It is time for me to switch to this product. What do you think?
Thank you for stopping by, stay tuned for more reviews and articles.