From sun exposure and winter air, to heat styling tools and sprays, it’s a wonder we still have few hairs to show. Our hair can reflect our overall personality and appearance. Specially for us women, our locks are the crown we never take off. It’s truly heartbreaking to watch them going down the drill. In fact, not just hair shedding that breaks us inside, but also a dead looking hair. Dry, frizzy, thin and damaged stresses, what more can be worse? If we don’t control the situation, it’s only going to get worse. There’s nothing difficult about it and it wont cost you a thing. Try this hair mask for damaged hair and see how natural ingredients will make your hair look after few weeks.
I know most of you girls don’t even have enough time to eat, but it’s really important to free few minutes to take care of your hair.
Why hair mask for damaged hair?
Pretty much like the body, our hair needs to be fed with healthy doses of natural ingredients. The best food for your damaged locks come in the form of a hair mask for damaged hair. Mostly, people think that preparing a hair mask for damaged hair is messy and expensive to afford, but not all of them. Following hair masks won’t cost you a cent and are highly effective. In fact, you don’t even have to go shop to be able to make your hair mask. There are a host of natural ingredients available on your kitchen shelves. All you have to so is get the secret formula and start mixing them together.
DIY with these natural ingredients
Everyone wants to have smooth and silky hair but oftentimes we have seen people fail to maintain that due to lack of care. This ultimately results in dry and damaged hair with annoying split ends. You can put all of that behind you if you just start feeding your hair healthy meals. If you don’t have the time or cash for a salon treatment, here’s how to make your own hair mask for damaged hair with natural ingredients you probably already have. Following are some recipes of highly recommended hair masks you can prepare at home. Therefore, you do not need to rush to salons and spend you’ll need later.
Egg and Yogurt Mask
Egg and yogurt mask is very simple to make at home. All you need is to mix both ingredients. Then add
one-quarter cup of mayonnaise to it and mix well. This is my favorite hair mask for damaged hair. It really works wonders and you’re going to notice great results after the 1st use. Here’s how to do it:
- Apply the mixture to dry hair and massage your hair and scalp gently with your fingertips.
- Cover your hair with a plastic head cover or wrap.
- Leave it on your head for an hour or so and then
- wash your hair with regular shampoo and conditioner (better if it was a chemical free shampoo and conditioner).
- It is good to wash your hair with cold water or at least LUKEWARM water.
- Repeat this mask twice a week if you have extreme damaged hair and split ends.
Banana and Almond Oil Mask
For this mask, mash a banana in a bowl. Add in a few drops of almond oil to it and mix well. Apply this mask on your hair and scalp and wash it off after 20 minutes. It is perfect for dry, dull and split ended hair.
Milk and Honey Mask
Take a cup of milk and mix 2 tablespoons of honey with it. Mix well and apply on your hair. It is a very effective hair mask for damaged hair. It helps in hydrating and nourishment of your locks and scalp.
Avocado, honey and olive oil
Avocado is loaded with healthy fats and vitamins, which give straw-like hair the moisture it so desperately needs. Furthermore, honey contains nutrients that treat the dryness of the hair. And also help it grow and add beautiful shinny look. Lastly, olive oil is a great conditioner, and hydrated strands are stronger and less prone to breakage. For this hair mask for damaged hair you’re going to need:
- 1 avocado with the pit and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Mix these items in a bowl using a spoon or mixer until well-blended and smooth.
- Apply the mixture to your damp hair while giving your scalp a gentle massage. And focus more on your ends.
- Clip up your hair and place a shower cap over your head to allow the mask to penetrate the hair.
- Apply heat to your hair with a blow dryer for 15 minutes. Or sit in the sun for half an hour. The heat will help the treatment set into your strands.
- Wash your hair out using shampoo and conditioner and style as usual. You may have to wash more than once to thoroughly wash out the mixture.
- You’ll instantly notice softer, smoother hair. For optimal results, use this recipe on your locks once or twice a month, depending on how damaged your hair is.
The wonders of coconut oil never cease! This oil is heavy, which is great for penetrating deep into the hair shaft, but use it sparingly, especially if you have fine or thin hair.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and apply to the ends of damp hair.
- If the oil is solid just warm in the microwave until liquid before applying.
- Got really dry hair? Keep the oil on overnight and shampoo out in the morning.
Pumpkin + Honey
Pumpkins have lots of amazing benefits – they’re rich in vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, potassium, and zinc.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey, a natural humectant, to one cup of pumpkin puree and pack as much as you can onto your hair and scalp.
- You’ll need to either wrap your hair in saran wrap or wear a shower cap to keep the mask in place.
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes and then rinse.
- Feel free to apply to your face as well!