When it comes to argan oil, I can go on and on about it’s endless benefits. This organic ingredient is such a blessing from God. My hair, nails, skin and my whole body are big fans of this magnificent oil. It really deserves to be called “liquid gold”. So, what is argan, where does it grow and what is it good for ? I’ll be answering all of that and more in today’s article about this miracle organic oil.
What Is Argan?
Argan oil is an organic product extracted from the kernels of the argan trees, which grow exclusively in Southwestern Morocco. Moroccans have been using argan for thousands of years, not just for beauty but also in Moroccan cuisine.
This nutritious healing oil is rich in vitamin A and vitamin E, and is packed with anti-oxidants, Omega-6 fatty acids, and linoleic acid. Its properties make it particularly beneficial for the hair and skin, which makes it a popular cosmetic choice for many celebrities. It’s not just for the rich and famous, though – anyone can reap the argan oil benefits for their body.
Josie Maran is one of those people who just loves argan oil, here’s one of her videos talking about this precious oil.
The Secrets And Benefits Of Argan Oil
Since 2007, many cosmetic companies specially in the US begun using argan oil as a primary ingredient to making their beauty products. Cold-pressed from the fruit of argan, this oil can be used both cosmetically and culinary to improve everything from skin appearance to heart health. In other word, use this oil to improve your beauty and health from head to toe and from the inside out.
Argan For Healthy Hair
Argan products have in fact become so popular that Morocco has started exporting it in very large quantities. Few drops of this oil makes hair softer, silkier and shinier.
- Repair Split Ends: Highly damaged hair needs to be trimmed off, but Argan Oil can actually improve the condition of split ends and prevent your hair from having more of them.
- Deep Conditioning Treatment: Use Argan Oil overnight and wash off with mild shampoo and conditioner in the morning. Repeating this often will make your hair shinier and bouncier. Use Argan to hydrate your hair after shower, specially if you have a thin, dry and weak hair. After washing hair, apply few drops of oil to wet hair and leave it for few minutes before styling. After few uses, you’ll notice a surprising improvement on your Tufts.
- Sleek and Shine Styling: Due to its ability to tame frizz and give hair shine, argan oil is also commonly used as a styling agent. It makes hair more manageable and adds a healthy, attractive shine to any hair style.
Many cosmetic companies specially in the US begun using Argan oil as a primary ingredient to making their beauty products. So many hair shampoos and conditioners out there that contain argan as one of the main ingredients. Of course some of them are just bogus, but many products are worth a try.
Improves Skin Appearance
Even for those who don’t have scarring, wrinkles, or some other skin ailment, argan can still make your skin soft and supple. Use argan oil as a skin moisturizer to hydrate and soften skin. With its high vitamin E and fatty acid content, this oil is the ideal product to give skin a natural boost. It also offers amazing health benefits for skin including the ability to stunt the growth of warts, treat some forms of dermatitis, break down tumorous skin cells and fade scars. It cures many skin conditions including:
- Acne Blaster: This amazing oil prevents the formation of sebum on your skin and helps banish breakouts. It absorbs easily and is non-greasy and non-irritating, which makes it a great natural moisturizer. Your acne will reduce considerably with regular uses. Rubbing in gently and repeating twice daily can help clear up mild acne as well as balancing oily or dry skin.
- Skin Toner: Toning is an important procedure in your skincare regime. Adding only few drops of oil to daily facial toner can help hydrate and tone skin and give it a glowing look. This oil can also reduce the formation of fine lines on your skin and under your eyes.
- Whole Body Moisturizer: It is easy to use argan all over the body, including the face and neck: Simply smooth a few drops into your skin using gentle rubbing motions, as you would any face and body lotion. It is light and leaves your skin very moisturized. Spoil your body with a relaxing oil bath by mixing few drops of argan oil with your body lotion. This oil is also effective against rheumatism and treating skin burns.
The antioxidants in argan oil are generally beneficial for healing skin which is irritated, cracked, damaged or even burned.
Razor Bumps and Burn
Razor bumps and razor burn are uncomfortable and unsightly. Argan oil is an effective treatment to soothe and heal for men after shaving, as well as women for their legs and bikini line. Warm a drop or two of the oil in your hands and lightly massage into the affected area. The healing power of the oil will astound you.
Argan For Stronger Healthy Nails
- Apply oil to the fingers and toes, it helps promote stronger and healthier nails naturally with high levels of Vitamin-E.
- Massage your hands with few drops of Oil to help strengthen your nails.
- The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities of Argan oil may also help to fight off nail and skin infections associated with poor nail health.
Restore your youth with argan oil, an ancient elixir that can better your skin, hair and nails. This oil is comprised of roughly 80% fatty acids which work wonders to erase signs of premature aging. Regular use of Argan oil has been proven to reduce the depth and severity of wrinkles, as well as to fade age spots by restoring skin’s youthful. Its anti-oxidant effect makes argan oil the ideal anti-aging product. It restores elasticity and leaves skin feeling plumper and softer.
The healing properties of argan oil are so vast and universal that even lips can benefit from its
use. Lips contain the same dermal layers as regular skin, and function the same way normal skin does on a cellular level. However, there are a few very important differences which make your lips unique, and also present unique challenges when it comes to keeping them moisturized. Mix few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract with brown sugar & rub the mixture gently on your lips for few seconds in a circular motion and wash it off. Argan oil for lips is an up and coming trend that is about to take the beauty market by storm. Many lipsticks and glosses contain argan oil in the formula of making. to prevent chapped lips. All you have to so is keep argan oil around to prevent chapped lips, specially in winter-time.
Dry Feet and Heels
Feet are the most forgotten part of your body. We forget that due to many conditions, our feet are one of the most part in the body that needs attention. A way to beautiful sexy feet is not so hard to achieve, with some regular foot care. Argan intensely softens, soothes and hydrates feet without leaving a greasy residue.
- Start with soaking your feet in warm water.
- When skin is soften it is easier to exfoliate dead cells. You can use natural volcanic pumice stone.
- Dry your feet until there’s no water left in them.
- Put a good amount of oil on your feet, heels and toes.
- Cover your feet with socks before bed, you will feel good about the results in the morning.
- Do this twice a week and you’ll notice an huge difference on your feet and heels.
Argan Oil is excellent treatment to repair dry, cracked or damage skin on your feet, giving immediate soothing sensation.
These are some of the many benefits that Argan Oil has. The best thing about this oil is that is can be safely used in its pure form and doesn’t need to be bought as an ingredient in lotions, conditioners and moisturizers. One bottle of oil is extremely versatile and can be used for all these benefits.