Apivita Propoline Balancing Shampoo For Very Oily Hair From Apivita with Peppermint & Propolis
If your hair is limp and greasy hours after washing it, you probably suffer from oily scalp and hair. With thousands of shampoos, hair products and natural remedies, it’s hard to choose a regimen that will rid your hair of this annoying extra grease. However, before you can treat oily hair, you need to have a better understanding of what causes it. Lets take a quick look on what’s going on on our oily scalp.
What Triggers Oily Scalp?
Some people have a grease problem from their scalps to the ends of their hair. While others have an oily scalp and dry hair. Overproduction of the natural hair oils, can turn the hair into stringy, fatty, limp strands. The culprit sits right under our scalp at each hair follicle. The tiny oil production factories, called sebaceous glands, play an important role in keeping our skin and hair lubricated and protected by producing a wax like sebum. However, excessive sebum production can cause oily hair. In the worst case scenario this excessive oil can lead to dandruff and hair loss.
There are a variety of reasons that lead to this unwanted condition:
- Genetics: play a big part in what type of hair you have. Also, people with balding or thinning hair tend to have oily hair and scalp more.
- Hormones: Most people notice an increase in greasiness during puberty and many women report the same during menstruation or menopause.
- Pollution: Spending time around cigarette smoke and other pollutants can cause an increase in the scalp’s oil production. This happen because the body tries to protect the skin on the scalp by producing excess oil. Wearing a hat or a scarf can help curb oil overload.
- Excessive hair styling: Using the wrong products or the one with chemicals can cause waxy buildup and make hair seem greasy.
- Sweating scalp: This can lead the glands to overproduce oil and grease in the scalp.
- Washing habits: Even hair that is dry can become limp and greasy from a lack of washing.
- Thin hair: This type of hair is more likely to be oily. Greasy hair occurs less in those with curly and long hair because the oils have a harder time working down the hair shaft.
Simple Solutions for Greasy Hair
- Avoid brushing your hair more than is absolutely necessary. Excessive brushing stimulate oil follicles on the scalp and cause them to produce even more oil.
- Clean your brush after showering so that you won’t transfer oil that your brush still have from your oily hair.
- Avoid touching your hair with your hands. Whatever’s on your hands causes hair to become dirty and eventually oily.
- How you style your hair can play a big role. Choose a style that doesn’t require the use of a lot of hair products as many styling products irritate the scalp and cause an increase in oil production.
- Wash or change your pillowcase often.
- Cutting down on processed foods, sugar, and refined flours can reduce the production of oil in the scalp.
- Visit a doctor. Severely greasy hair that doesn’t respond to treatment can be a symptom of a hormonal disorder.
- Use juice from two lemons and mix them with two caps of water and use the mixture as a final rinse after shampooing.
- Choose a natural and organic shampoo for oily hair.
Apivita Propoline Balancing Shampoo
Experts agree that a clarifying shampoo or special oil reducing shampoo works best. However, it would be best if people with oily hair would avoid using conditioners. This leads us to the subject of our review of the day. Apivita Propoline Balancing Shampoo. So, what makes this shampoo worth to try?
This product is developed with Apivita’s innovative hair strengthening technology called Bio Cotton Protection System. It uses the combination of cotton, oligosaccharide and arginine to improve hair texture and elasticity by forming a protective shield on hair’s cuticle against environmental damage.
Made with 81% natural ingredients, this shampoo for very oily hair uses specific ingredients to effectively reduce sebum secretion. In addition, this shampoo is dermatoligically tested and free of harmful chemicals: Parabens, Silicones, Mineral oil, Propylene glycol, Ethanolamines, Colorants, Phthalates, Polycyclic musks and Nitromusks.
All the water content in this shampoo is formulated with organic rosemary water.
- Rosemary: Rosemary oil has antibacterial properties, which makes it a great option for anyone with scalp issues and greasy hair. This ingredient acts as an astringent and will help regulate or decrease oily secretions of the hair follicles. However, if you have normal or dry hair then it can be slightly drying.
- Propolis: We mostly know it as bee glue. The red or brown resinous substance collected by honeybees from tree buds. they use it to to build their hives. New research shows that propolis may also be able to reduce or prevent hair loss. It also it cleanses, purifies, soothes and heals oily scalps.
This shampoo contains a very interesting group of ingredients including: Thyme, nettle & natural lipoaminoacid to reduce sebum secretion. It’s blended with peppermint that delivers a hint of freshness. It’s developed with exclusive Bio Cotton Protection System to strengthen hair texture and builds a protective shield against environmental damage. All of this leaves hair bouncy & lustrous without overloading it.
- Smells good: Because of the strong sweet scent of thyme, nettle, rosemary and peppermint. This shampoo has a very relaxing and soothing aroma.
- Lathers well: This shampoo lathers up smoothly with just the right amount of foam for a super clean wash.
How to use
- Get your hair wet and take sufficient amount of shampoo.
- Massage the shampoo on into the scalp and hair.
- Keep away from eye area.
- Leave it for a minute or two.
- risen carefully with clean and lukewarm water.
- This shampoo is designed to control oil on the scalp. However, it can make the hair drier with daily use.
- Use hair dryers with precaution as oily scalp reacts to hot condition.
If you want to get rid of oily and greasy hair, this shampoo might be your ticket out. Thanks to its natural ingredients, this product not only rids the hair of its extra oil, but also helps stimulate the hair follicle to produce healthy locks. However, too much of anything can give negative results. So Keep in mind to use this shampoo two to three times a week